YouTube is the major platform to share your original content videos or advertisements. As per Wikipedia, YouTube, LLC is an American video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California. Three former PayPal employees—Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim—created the service in February 2005. Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion; YouTube now operates as one of Google’s subsidiaries.
Why YouTube For Marketing?
More than 3.25 billion hours of videos are watched each month and 59% of executives prefer videos over reading to learn new things or concepts. ( HubSpot).
- Total number of YouTube monthly viewers worldwide – 149 million (Statista)
- Total number of YouTube daily viewers worldwide – 63 million (YouTube stats)
- Hours of video watched daily – more than 1 billion (YouTube)
- More than 50% of YouTube views are coming from mobile devices (YouTube stats)
- Total number of YouTube users logged on – 1.8 billion (Recode)
- Hours of Video Uploaded to YouTube per minute – 300+ (Om Malik)
- Hours spent on YouTube per month – 19 (Business Insider)
- YouTube top channel – T-series with 2.2 million views / month (Source: Statista)
- YouTube top celebrity – PewDiePie with 54 million subscribers (Source: Business Insider)
- YouTube top video – Despacito with 5.12 billion views (Source: Wikipedia).
Advantages of YouTube For Marketing
YouTube has number of advantages for marketers so as to get the best ROI from this social channel. Let us discuss some of them.
- Second best search engines and most helpful for SEO.
- Brand Building.
- Inform or educate your YouTube users/subscribers.
- Promote your videos.
- Increase your reach to the vast audience of YouTube.
Still there are number of advantages available with YouTube Marketing. I have listed few of them above.