Twitter is a micro blogging platform with less than or equal to 280 characters enables you to post short message updates with images and videos. The social network was launched in the year of 2006, with 300 million active users around the world. In the initial days it started with 140 characters only. Most of the business use twitter as one of their social media platforms to reach the target audience.
Twitter marketing strategies are different, and it is not related to Facebook marketing strategies or any other social media marketing strategies. As twitter is a quick and short social media channel to reach your target audience. By visiting twitter website or app, people can know the latest happenings, news and other alerts quickly. Customers can know the latest business news and company updates through this social platform. Twitter can be a powerful marketing & PR tool.
Why Twitter Marketing?
Having a marketing business goal and to achieve it you need to have better marketing channels. Be it reaching your target audience, brand awareness or generating leads twitter is one of the best social media platforms to do. With twitter marketing you can reach your target audience and customers easily. Even people can get to know about the brand quickly.
With Twitter Marketing you can:
- Generate leads.
- Boost Branding.
- Thought leadership.
- Increase vast number of audiences.
- Increase website traffic.
And many more benefits, when you work on twitter marketing for your business.
Important tips for twitter account:
As you are creating account for your/client company or business, so make sure that the details what you are filling are correct and professional. Each element of profile is important as this is a replica of your business card.
- 1. Add profile photo (Try to keep your company logo)- Profile pic size: 400X400.
- 2. Add header image: (Try to keep the header image neat and clean, by conveying the products and services clearly). Header pic size: 1500X1500.
- 3. Add Bio (Write the details for the page and company details in short).
- 4. Location: Add the company location, if you have multiple branches, then keep the head Quarters details.
- 5. Website: Add the company website details clearly.
- 6. Theme Color: Choose the theme color for the profile, try to have the theme profile matching with your logo color (approx. is also fine).
Important Marketing Tips for Twitter:
1. Be Professional: Make sure that your tweets are professional. Your tweet will represent a company. The message is from a company on social media channel. So, before tweeting anything in twitter, you need to recheck twice or thrice.
2. Use of Hashtags: Using hashtags in the content can generate or attract number of followers and impressions. But, using too much hashtags can hamper your content. It may be considered as SPAM also. So, beware while writing the content using hashtags. We have discussed about various hashtags above. Use location-based hashtags when you are mentioning about a location or a geographical area in the tweet. And, exactly would be the same scenario with event hashtags & brand hashtags.
3. Campaign Hashtags: If you would like to do something different and make it viral on twitter. Then start your own campaigning strategy with a # hashtag word. Make it short and simple. It should be memorable and catchy. The campaigning # should sound local but the reach should be global. Ask your followers to retweet (RT) the tweet with the # campaigning word in it. Make sure that you will engage your audience with the campaigning.
4. Trending Hashtags: Using trending hashtags is good to have huge number of impressions and retweets. But, make sure that it is related to your company’s business. For Ex: if your company is into FMCG Industry and where as you are doing a tweet with a trending # of entertainment Industry which is not at all corelated. But there might be few situations where it can work. Majority of the trending hashtags are good for individuals and small businesses.
5. Add Image & Video: Try to add image or video to your twitter posts, it will have a good impact on the targeted audience. They can easily understand what you are talking about.
6. Engage with Polling: Create a Poll that your audience may like to get engaged. Try to post polls related to the trending topics and poll segments of your Industry.
7. Brand Voice or Message: Make sure that you will establish a positive brand voice and twitter strategy. Be original with your twitter messages. Convey the message correctly. Reflect your companies or brand core values on twitter.
8. Have Conversations: Engage with your audience by having a conversation on relevant topics. Make sure that you are not arguing with them. It should be a soothing and positive discussion. Have a healthy mix of replies and organic tweets.
9. Promote: Paid tweets or promoting your tweet with twitter ads can be a powerful way to reach the mass audience at a time. It can help you to build brand awareness and even generate leads by promoting.
For more information about Twitter marketing, please go through the Twitter marketing page.