Social media is really an amazing platform to build your brand, generate leads and promote your products or services. You can create your own Facebook business page also. You can add details about your business, website URL etc. The page likes your business page makes your brand more popular, the increase in page likes or post likes, shares helps you to build your brand easily.
The same concepts with few tweaks are applicable to other social media channels like Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. In Twitter account, you have retweets, favorites whereas in LinkedIn likes, shares and +1’d in Google+. The no.of shares, likes, retweets etc. helps you to build a strong brand. The engagement rate of the audience with your page shows your social media score. Likes growth, PTAT, Engagement Rate, Posts per week, Posts per type, Timing, length of posts, curiosity and hashtags are some of the parameters which we have to take care while building the brand in social media.
It is important for a business to choose the network that supports your brand image. Do not be more social, with your presence on all the social networks. Understand your target audience and work accordingly.
Know the statistics:
- There are just over 3 billion active Internet users (45% of the world’s internet users)
- Nearly 2.1 billion people have social media accounts
- 3.65 billion mobile users have access to the internet via smartphones and tablets
- Close to 1.7 billion people have active social media accounts
- Facebook: There are nearly 1.4 billion Facebook users
- 47% of all Internet users are on Facebook
- 4.5 billion likes are generated daily
- Twitter: Twitter has 284 million active users at last count
- 88% of Twitter users are on mobile4
- 500 million tweets per day
- Google+: Google+ cost over half a billion to design and develop
- 363 million users
- The +1 button is hit 5 billion times per day
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn has 347 million registered members
- Total revenue at the end of 2014 was $643 million (a growth rate of 44% over the previous period)
- There are over 39 million students and recent college graduates on LinkedIn
After going through these statistics, I feel social media is the best way to reach out your target audience and building your brand.