For any e-mail to be effective you have to follow few steps.
- Design & Develop.
- Text or the body of the e-mail.
- Delivery of the e-mail.
- Tracking and monitoring of the data.
These 5 are most important parameters for any e-mail campaign to be effective. But As per DMI, for e-mail campaigns you need to follow 4 steps such as:
Data: You need to have Data ( Validated) to send successful e-mails.
Design: Design of the e-mail should be professional.
Delivery: Scheduling of e-mails and delivery details. and
Discovery: Track and monitor data of open rate etc.
Layout Specifications for effective E-mail
- Use soothing colors for images.
- Use perfect CTA’s.
- Should be less than 700 pixels wide, All important content must appear in top 300pixels of an e-mail.
- Use basic HTML5.0, avoid using JS, image maps, attachments, and embedded media.
- Avoid using flash/other plug-ins.
- Should be visually appealing.
- Standard HTML font formatting procedures.
- Do not keep important content matter only in images
- Must have an unsubscribe link.
You can use some of the popular E-mail marketing tools which can help you to automate your e-mail process with analytics.